Simple fruit purees are often really great to introduce babies to solids! They are also versatile and can be added to vegetable purees to make them slightly sweeter and therefore more palatable for your baby. They can also be combined for a great smooth fruit medley.
I wanted to share with you some of my favourite starter fruit purees. They are super easy to make and in no time you’ll be filling up your Super Squish pouches with smooth fruit puree. Ready to zip and zoom!
Getting started is pretty simple. Just use this method to make the purees and then fill up your Super Squish pouches:
- peel, core (where necessary) and roughly chop your fruit
- cook the fruit pieces (again, where necessary!) until tender i.e. steam / boil (in just enough water to cover the fruit) / microwave in a covered microwavable container
- remove the cooked fruit and blitz in a blender or food processor until smooth
- if the puree is too thick, just add a little boiled water until you’ve reached the desired consistency
- allow the puree to cool and then fill up the Super Squish pouches. Ready to use immediately or freeze. Easy!!
The quantities we’ve given below should be enough to fill at least 2 Super Squish pouches (roughly 260ml).
You need: 1kg large sweet apples – peeled, cored and roughly chopped
You need: 1kg large pears – peeled, cored and chopped into quarters